Pages

Saturday

How To Make It In America~

If there is one series out there that you should watch it is HBO's How to make it in America. Now anyone that knows me knows that I rarely watch TV, but once I was hyped to this by my sweets FILTHE.NET a few weeks ago I was hooked. This series is basically about two friends from Brooklyn trying to get their piece of the American Pie by beginning their own premium denim clothing line; however they have so many struggles & setbacks along the way, (but that is eventually what will make it all worth it in the end). Nothing good comes easy!

This series will have you coming back for more, believe me or just check it for your self. It is only into the 3rd show so catch up quick. Did I mention the fresh music line up? This is just an example of the set list from the show:
  • Quantic - "Brand New Watusi"
  • War - "Me and Baby Brother"
  • Blackalicious - "My Pen and Pad"
  • Todd Gregory - "Get Em"
  • Eric B & Rakim - "Don't Sweat The Technique"
  • Rhymes With An L - "M.E.D"
  • A Tribe Called Quest - "Can I Kick It?"
  • Thievery Corporation - "The Numbers Game"
  • Louis Prima And Kelly Smith - "That Old Black Magic"
  • Toots & The Maytals - "Rastaman"
  • Richard Hell & The Voidoids - "Blank Generation"
Check this clip of the opening to the show. The theme song "I Need A Dollar" is by Aloe Blacc (P.s. DJ Lazy Eyez is already bumping this on his play-list). Make sure to listen to the words.




No comments:

Post a Comment